quarta-feira, 22 de julho de 2015

Frases indiscutivelmente verdadeiras

Internal expanse.

":they delude me into believing that I, a doctor that people come to with their pains and cares, possess fabulous self-confidence and fearlessness. And this anxious trust in the look of those who seek help forces me to believe in it as long as they stand before me. But as soon as they're gone, I'd like to shout: I'm still that scared boy on the school steps, it's absolutely irrelevant, really a lie, that I sit in the white coat behind the mighty desk and give advice, don't be deceived by what, in ridiculous superficiality, we call the present.

   And not only in time are we expanded. In space, too, stretch out far over what is visible. We leave something of ourselves behind when we leave a place; we stay there, even though we go away. And there are things in us that we can find again only by going back there."

in Mercier, Pascal. (2009) Night Train to Lisbom. Atlantic Books. London. Pág. 243

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário